The cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints; target cost postings, margin analysis, and trace costs back to underlying activities within a corporation. For this full time position, we are seeking a person to take ownership of the job duties listed below for a multi-brand automotive corporation. The ideal candidate must construct and monitor the cost-effective data accumulation needed to provide an appropriate level of cost information to management. Qualified candidates must possess the ability to effectively handle many priorities with acute attention to detail and accuracy. Strong interest in the automotive industry could be a plus to long-term success in this position.
- Supports Corporation’s monthly close process
- Maintains perpetual inventory
- Generates labor cost and overhead cost for management review
- Manages standard cost system
- Conducts product line analysis for management review
- Performs other related duties as assigned by controller
- Ability to apply principles of cost accounting to conduct studies, which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems
- Collects data to define costs of business activity, like raw material purchases, inventory plus labor
- Analyzes data obtained with results recorded
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to define effects on costs
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs by preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Provides controller with reports specifying the comparing factors affecting price profitability of products or services
- Approve Cost Roll-up changes and Generate Journal Entries
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years cost accounting/and or finance experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Technical skills in account reconciliation; cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
- Planning and organization: an ability plan and manage multiple projects and
- Attention to detail
- Problem analysis and problem resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer/technology skills & proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits are provided. Benefits for full-time employees include medical insurance and paid vacations/holidays. Pre-employment drug screening and background check required. This position would be primarily based in the Corporate headquarters in Memphis, TN.
The COMP Performance Group is the parent company of leading performance automotive brands such as COMP Cams, TCI Automotive, FAST, ZEX Nitrous, Racing Head Service and more – for additional information about our brands and their products visit www.compperformancegroup.com.