This is a career-level IT position in our multi-location, growth oriented manufacturing organization. This position requires a thorough knowledge of Information Systems and Technology (Hardware, Networks and Software), and the ability to demonstrate these skills. This position requires a minimum of 3 years of direct IT experience in a business environment and a four year college Degree in the Information Technology or Computer Engineering area of study. Must be a good communicator, well organized, and able to think critically and solve problems rapidly in a fast paced environment. Strong customer service skills are also critical in this position and the ability to work in a hands-on role.
The successful candidate will have the following job roles and meet the below requirements:
- Assist in developing and implementing the overall strategic vision, policies and goals for the information technology infrastructure of a fast growing company.
- Analyze the needs of our company and determine creative ways to meet objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems. Proactively identify areas of process improvement, cost reduction, task efficiencies, etc across all businesses.
- Insure highest possible level of internal customer service and support through effective project management.
- Ensure computer equipment, hardware, and software are maintained, validated, and updated to meet organizational needs. Installs or oversees installation of hardware as needed. Diagnose and resolve hardware malfunctions.
- Responsible for executing the Information Technology functions under the guidance of the IT Director and Senior Management Team.
- Communicates regularly with the management team and staff regarding technology trends and/or issues related to the industry.
- Help manage IT vendor relationships and identify internal best practices to create a strong, supportive information technology department.
- Utilizes experience to develop creative concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work with people in such a manner as to build group commitment to goals and objectives while creating positive energy in both individuals and groups.
- Review and maintain adequate security procedures to protect data files, computer equipment, and related electronic media in accordance with prescribed, current standards, regulations and laws.
- An experienced, hands-on team member in the Information Technology field with minimum 3 years experience.
- A thorough, hands-on knowledge of computing hardware, web systems, servers, security, networking, LANs, WANs and technological support services.
- Active Directory, Group Policy – Windows servers, VMWare, basic Linux and IBM knowledge
- Experience with fiber.
- Ability to direct and maintain strong business relationships with key internal decision makers and external partners to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost effective technology solutions.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communications skills with ability to author and maintain technical documentation for IT procedures and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree, Certifications, equivalent work experience required.
- Flexible to work after hours, weekends, and travel to different company sites.
- Automotive interest strongly preferred.
COMP Performance Group offers a very pleasant customer/employee focused work environment that is profitable, forward thinking, and constantly evolving. Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits are provided. Benefits for full-time employees include medical insurance and paid vacations/holidays. Pre-employment drug screening and background check required. This position is an in-house position that will work primarily from our Memphis, TN headquarters but will occasionally be required to execute projects at our Olive Branch and Ashland, Mississippi facilities.
The COMP Performance Group is the parent company of leading performance automotive brands such as COMP Cams, TCI Automotive, FAST, ZEX Nitrous, Racing Head Service and more – for additional information about our brands and their products visit www.compperformancegroup.com.
Submit resumes to job listing or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of “IT Position”.